New Bear and Bird Website!

A little while back Amanda from the Bear and Bird gallery asked if I would like to do some artwork for their new website. They have such a cool gallery and I have had so much fun doing artwork for them that there was no way I could say no!


(I tried to pay respect to some of the other really cool artwork people have done for the gallery in those little picture frames.)


Amanda only wanted a piece or two and she was totally cool with whatever ideas I came up with. I guess I went a little crazy.




My goal was to show the characters in fun situations and establish their friendship but still leave them open for other people to explore too. I guess it would be like giving little snapshots of their lives but still leaving the viewer wanting to see more.













It got to a point were I couldn't decide which ones to finish in color so I sent Amanda all of the roughs and let her pick her top four.





I also did a black and white stamp for them and before I sent all of the originals out I threw a little watercolor on it.



I had so much fun with this! I'm glad there were deadlines because I could have just kept going. So check out their new website when you get a chance!

Now I guess I should start working on my own banner...

11 comments:

  1. These are so, so amazingly good. I LOVE them. I want everything on t-shirts or prints. Man, dude. ;)
    Hope you're well Aurian! Catch up soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great stuff as usuall. You could make a great book/story using these characters. I'd buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. toooo cute! I heart them!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooo cute and really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAha! I love 'coach'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! i LOVE all of these. Great stuff. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aurian, I love you man.... fantastic work! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A,

    these are awesome man. so great. love the mood and character.

    >oVi

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic work! Love the emotions and the relationship between bird n bear! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wound up on the Bear and Bird site through a link off another blog i follow. I saw the banner and i thought "Wait... it couldn't be..." but it was! Sweet painting, man :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete